Saturday, February 1, 2014

Life In Bacolod City #OFW3




Life In Bacolod City #OFW3


I used to sit in the public plaza when I am worn out in finding job. One day, as I was sitting alone thinking of my dilapidated situation, looking at a far distance of the seashore of Bacolod Seawall, suddenly a guy sat beside me which made me think negatively about him. He smiled at me and introduced himself, “Hi, my name is Edward,” extending his hand to me. I accepted his right hand but I was adamant with my actuation. I wryly smiled at him and answered, “Hello, I am Marco…. Marco Fernando….”

“I saw you sitting here in the public plaza when I passed by heading for my job these past few days. And, I think you need some help or, friend maybe? I worked in a restaurant as a waiter, just across the main street,” as he pointed his finger westward feeling agitated. He looked at me squarely and said, “How are you? How about you? Are you studying? Working? Do you have a job?” His action was more of a brother to me. And I answered, “No, I’ve been searching for two months now, but…” my words was not formed into a sentence but I looked and sized him up.

“Do you want to work in the restaurant?” Edward asked with a smile on his face. “There’s a vacancy right now,” as he moved towards me.

“I don’t know any job in the restaurant, but I’ll try…. I really need a job to support my studies. You know, Edward, I am studying in college right now… maybe I can ask the manager for the schedule of my work? Is that possible?” I asked him with constant confident that deep into my heart I needed a job very badly.

“Yes, I’ll recommend you. Come with me, I’ll introduce you to my manager.”

As we were heading to the restaurant, the sparkling light inside of me multiplied a billion times, hoping something beautiful will come along the way. Those crumpled thoughts that bothered me for some time, disappeared as quickly as the bubbles in the air. Never in my imagination had I felt so close to my feelings and thoughts. What I was hoping for, really on this moment for me to move upward even though I knew, how hard to pushed those negative things to be materialized.

Working in the restaurant with a salary to depend upon, built my ever changing confident, that helped sustain the rigors of my daily endurance and continuing my college studies. I have done so much of my learning system, wherein I developed my personality to acquire freedom to do the things that I could learn somehow. The negative thoughts inside my head blown into a multiple rays of hope for my goals in life; adding some motivated aspects of my ambition triggered my inner sanctum to prolong the basic human emotions.

I resumed my schooling through the help of Ayah Isabel who supported me from A to Z. Even with my deepest soul I knew too well that all of these were just a stairs to heaven. The most important things that I could revive with my weaknesses were the ones destroying my dependent personality. But even though I experienced hardships on my existence, I was still aiming for whatever hopes inside of me. Battling through poverty was not my forte, and I didn’t have the inkling of eluding them. I had such an amazing way of defying myself with what I’ve learned to fake things that came into my life.

TO BE CONTINUED###

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: A freelance writer who meticulously structured and maintained blogs just for you:A LIFE SO FAR AWAYand my other business blog:SHOPPING eMALL Thank you for your valuable time. Follow my business & writings and you'll find what life's meant to be.





Share This

24 comments:

  1. the manager of the restaurant hired you - this is what i am thinking of the next thing you would say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.. Im curious what happened next ? did you get the job ?? I guess I just have to follow your next blog ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stranger is God sent. What a way to start a new job! Call it being in the right place at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it seems like each page of this continuing story is intriguing, hope the man that referred you to the job would be one of the angels in your life, and again, the main character here has been blessed wonderfully by Aya's unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding a job is so hard at the beginning especially if you don't have any experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heaven sent! They're always beside you if you really need something. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you get the job? I hope so. Looking forward to reading the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah I cant wait for the continuation of this post, I am wondering if you get the job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting a job is easier if somebody will recommend you. That man is God's instrument to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God is Great! His timing will always be perfect. I can't wait to read your next post about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The story is a cliffhanger, kuya! Hope you can put your social share buttons below the post though

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angels comes in different ways, you've got many that came your way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like I am pretty behind na of this saga. I will come back and read the ones I have missed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...I actually downloaded a preview copy of your novel in kindle...I have not finished reading everything yet though..love the story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. God always send an instrument to pull us out from misery.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to read the next episode of this story.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you! Sometimes God sends help in the most unusual places. I wouldn't have gotten into the BPO industry if not for my sister. She was the one who told me to take advantage of my good command of the English language. It has been a decade since and I can say, "I love my job."

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a nice story! I'm excited to read what will happen next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. aww this is soo bitin! I can't wiat to read the continuation of Marco's story

    ReplyDelete
  20. nabitin ako, prang telenovela heheh hope na hire ka.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We're curious of what happened next! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Is this open-ended blog or something? I am so confused ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. More often than not, people think angels show up with wings... They tend to show up looking like Edward and your Aunt. What a beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Notice from the Author: Just click the + sign at the topmost portion of this page, and your comment link will appear here. Thank you so much for all your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Email Address fernando_lachica@msn.com

Send message for any suggestion, recommendation, and other concern about this site.



Designed By Seo Blogger Templates Copyright@ Fernando Lachica 2014 OFW: The Game of Life