Friday, May 23, 2014

My Children And The Past In Bacolod City #OFW37



We woke up the next morning with a knock on the door. Danielle put on her night gown and opened the door.

“Madam Danielle, there’s a visitor looking for you. He’s asking about Sir Marco too,” the maid said. “He’s at the gate, at the guard house.”

“Okay, say to him to wait for five minutes.”

“Okay madam.”

She returned to where I was lying down, but I heard their conversation.

“Marco, you have a visitor at the gate.” Danielle said to me.

“Okay, after a bath.”

“Hey…get up…you’re tired?”

“You got my energy last night.”

“Go on….take a bath now.”

I stood up and went directly to the bathroom which refreshed my whole body in the coolness of the water. Danielle gave my casual clothes to wear and went at the gate. “Oh..it’s you my friend Edward!”

“Yes, it’s me!”

“How do you know this place?”



“I was brought here before by Governor Gustilo.”

“I see. Come inside.”

We sat together in the steel garden set and called the maid to served us coffee.

“So, what’s up Marco?”

“I want to spend some time with you and the kid….around Bacolod City.”

“I think, you’re fine with Governor Gustilo and Danielle?”

“Yes Edward, but I had my own family; this is just the same when I was in college.”

“I understand your purpose; I know.”

“Wait for me, just drink your coffee, I’ll change my clothes inside.” I went inside the house, talked to Danielle about Edward and bringing the kid outside. She hesitated at first but I convinced her to trust me. I put on my casual clothes.

“Trust me, it’s just I want to be with him outside with Edward. I love you, don’t be afraid.”

“Okay Marco, I’ll wait for you here.”

“Okay, I’ll use the other car.”

“Okay.”




We roamed around Bacolod City, each landmark that we knew, until we entered the Bacolod Cathedral in front of the public plaza and prayed solemnly. I looked at the public plaza, crossed the road and went to the bench where I met Edward for the first time. I fingered the bench edges while my mind wandered for my past.



“Edward, you remember this bench?”

“Yes my friend….where I found you sitting and waiting for the unknown…”

“That was before…but my heart still remained in this place….the friendship that I had for you….” The tears were forming into my eyes when Marco junior asked me. ”Daddy, are you crying?”

“No my son, you are the jewel on this place…I started my life here, on this bench.”


“Marco, stop it….stop it!” Edward suddenly shouted at me.

“Okay, we’re going to Manila now.”

“Where are we going now?”



“To the Gustilo’s house to fetch Danielle….”

I embraced my son tightly, “Marco Junior, study well and be a good boy when I’m away, okay?”

“Yes Daddy!”

“Grandpa will take care of you, okay?”

“Yes Daddy.”


We rented a four-seatter piper plane going back to Manila, where I told Danielle to go at her house in Greenhills, San Juan.

“Danielle, my baby boy’s in Greenhills?’

“Yes Marco.”

“I’ll get him and wait for me there in your house.”

“Yes Marc, I’ll do that.”

We went to Greenhills and get my baby boy which I missed for a long time. I will deliver my jewel to Ayah Isabel personally; for nobody ever thought that I exchanged my soul for the love of my family and my dreams.

I kissed him with joy inside my heart, and I knew that Ayah Isabel was happy too.

We left Danielle in her house; we bought gifts for my family and went directly to Bacoor, Cavite. When we arrived, Ayah Isabel wasn’t there in our house, only her brother Bryan.

“Bryan, where’s Ayah Isabel?”


“Marco, she’s in the Molino Doctor’s Hospital together with Lina Luna, she gave birth yesterday evening.”

“What….she’s pregnant?”

“Yes, Marco.....when you left last December, she’s pregnant that he called me in Bacolod City to help her.” Bryan said.

“Okay then, I’ll visit her first..”

We went in the hospital without having time to ask my children, speeded up along the Molino Road and asked the information section.

“Ayah Isabel….how are you?”

“I’m fine Marco…look at her…a baby girl…”

“Ohhh, she’s beautiful little angel!.. ..can I kiss my baby girl?”

“Yes Marco…go on..”

I kissed my new angel with love, a new love that blossomed instantly within me. “Why you’re keeping your pregnancy to me?”

“I don’t want to disturb you and your job.”

“Next time, relay to me anything about you even I’m away, okay?”

“Yes Marc….Edward, whose baby is that?” Ayah asked Edward.

I took the baby to Edward, kissed him and said, “Ayah, this is our baby from Danielle.”

She’s surprised instantly, hugged the child and started to cry.

“Ayah, its okay….take your rest….don’t worry I’ll be here for you.”

‘Yes Marco, I’m very happy….so happy…”

“Don’t cry….we’ll celebrate Ayah…I’m happy too…..”

I talked to the doctor-in-charge of Ayah’s condition and if she can be discharged, the day after tomorrow. The positive respond from Ayah’s doctor gave another dimension of my excitement to the welfare of my clan.

Yesterday evening, I was planting a seed to Danielle, knew Marco Junior, got my lost baby and had a newborn baby from Ayah. It’s a coincidence or a destiny between these two women in my life? Am I heading the right direction? I questioned myself.


TO BE CONTINUED###



ABOUT THE AUTHOR: A freelance writer who meticulously structured and maintained blogs just for you:A LIFE SO FAR AWAYand my other business blog:SHOPPING eMALL Thank you for your valuable time. Follow my business & writings and you'll find what life's meant to be.





Share This

34 comments:

  1. Nice story you have here. Eager to read the continuation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! new kid again! congrats to marco and ayah

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a while since I last visited your OFW Diaries. It's good to catch up with what's happening with Marco et al. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happened all in one day? Made possible by a four-seater piper plane. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marco should really take a stand on the two woman in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, what an awesome story, lovee it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes we are tested by fate/destiny (whatever you call it). It's good that he's experiencing the wonders in life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow those landmarks! My mother is from bacolod but i've never been there like never. lucky this post of yours put together some photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a strong narrative post, even without the visuals, I would see Bacolod the way you describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been really nice to land onto your blog and taste something different from regular blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a nice and inspirational story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an interesting story that is nice to read during free time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marco has so many kids by now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This story just keeps on getting better with the many twists and turns. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love seeing landmarks of Bacolod since I've never visited this city. Kaya as of now, I'm contended with just seeing the pics :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love seeing landmarks of Bacolod since I've never visited this city. Kaya as of now, I'm contended with just seeing the pics :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a story with a lot of twists and drama. Looking forward to reading more!

    - Karen
    www.MrsLookingGood.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a story with a lot of twists and drama. Looking forward to reading more!

    - Karen
    www.MrsLookingGood.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just can imagine the future conflicts between this kids and not to mention Ayah Isabel and Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gripping story can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i enjoy reading this! bacolod is such a nice place too visit too, will wait for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoy reading your stories, very different from all the blogs, looking forward for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm buffled of how things went especially na hindi ko na nasusundan tong story. I need to backread.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Back here again but moving to the continuation of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Interesting story. But I don't think I'd want to be in either Ayah Isabelle's or Danielle's position.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's one nice story, Bacolod is one of the place I love to visit, and we loved to eat at Buto't Bala't resto

    ReplyDelete
  27. My Grandfather is from Bacolod , i have been there only once when i was still a little kid

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for the post.I like your writing style and I’m trying to start a blog myself, I think
    I may read thru all your posts for some tips! Thanks once
    more.

    Review my weblog vigrx price []

    ReplyDelete
  29. Its not my first time to pay a visit this web site, i am browsing this site dailly and
    obtain good information from here everyday.

    my web blog: like us on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I've joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post.
    Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!



    Here is my web page; microwave Range Hood (list.ly)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You really have a great memory to recall these things.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am not sure where you're getting your info, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
    Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this info for my mission.

    My weblog - quest bars

    ReplyDelete

Email Address fernando_lachica@msn.com

Send message for any suggestion, recommendation, and other concern about this site.



Designed By Seo Blogger Templates Copyright@ Fernando Lachica 2014 OFW: The Game of Life