Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ayah Isabel Knows The Truth #OFW54



I drove the car with an uneasy feeling that I went to the seaside near Hyatt Hotel. I halted the car’s engine while looking at the waves in the seawall.

“What’s happening Marco, can you tell me the truth?”

“She’s behaving that way ever since, isn’t it?”

“Yes I knew that, but here in Dubai….are you with that woman all along?”

“Ayah don’t misunderstood me. I have to do what I think is right, isn’t it?”

“What I’m asking is, you’re still with her until now?”

“No, Ayah….she approached me about our lost son before, in exchange …to tell you the truth, before we separated in Bacolod City, she got pregnant with our first son….and….and another girl was born…”

Ayah Isabel cried in disbelief, open the car door and ran to the edge of the seawall. She poured her heartaches to the ocean while I followed her.

“Ayah…Ayah Isabel….” I held her arm to face me which I knew I’m guilty of my conscience for the truth that hurts her. For a long time, I never had the courage to tell her our relationship that ended with hatred.

“I love you Ayah, not Danielle…she’s ruining our lives…don’t get involved with this matter not because I lied, but with my way of getting things that benefits us. I knew I’d wrong with you…..but please forgive me Ayah….this is me…”

I embraced her tightly which my heart was bleeding seeing her crying. I love this woman, I knew deep down my soul.

“Ayah please….understand me….”

“Ever since I understood you Marco, but you kept your relationship with her…until here in Dubai….and where are the children?”

“I don’t know….she’s keeping away from me….”

“That’s why you’re after her all along to get the children?”

“Yes that’s the truth Ayah…can’t keep them away…I love them too….”

“Take me home Marco…”



I took Ayah home which she distanced herself by staying inside her room. I called up Edward and family to ask for forgiveness about the mess I had made. Edward understood my situation that he offered to talk to Ayah. I accepted his offer and he promised that they will come in the evening time. Lina and Mike too, assured me to help with this matter. I thanked them for their offer but deep inside of me, I cursed myself for whatever sin I had caused. The secret within my life started to show towards my loved ones. It’s my own karma that really connected with my life because it’s mine.

Edward and Vivian came in my flat and comforted me. Mike and Lina joined us too; and we talked over while drinking liquors.

“Edward, sorry, it’s your honeymoon tonight,” I said to them.

“We talked about it, and its fine with Vivian; we’re doing it every day...” Edward jokingly answered trying to change the subject.

“I’m happy for both of you….Edward you found your love at last.”

“Yes Marco but in your situation right now, I understand you and Ayah as well. I suggest Lina and Vivian can do the talking…”

“Yes Marco.” Vivian said.

“We’ll try our best Marc,” Lina said.

The two women left us and went directly to Ayah’s room. We resumed our conversation hoping that it can relieve with what I was going through.

“Marco it’s better this way that you told her about it; and the earlier the better than keeping it for a long time.” Mike said.

“You know Mike, I tried keeping it secret for her but I’m sure that she’ll forgive me in the long run.” I said.

“You see, Ayah reacted differently now, as if she’s falling apart.”

“Yes Mike, I’m deeply worried about her.”

We drank for the whole night that I passed out and when I woke up the next morning, I directly went to Ayah’s room, knocked, but nobody’s answering.

“Mike….Mike…!!”

“Good morning Pareng Marco,” Mike said.

“Where are they….Where’s Ayah?”

“Don’t worry she’s with Edward and Vivian…and Lina too. They left together last night.”

“Why she’s not telling me?”

“You drink too much, that’s why my friend. They will go shopping today.”

“She’s okay or still angry with me?”

“I don’t know but she smiled when he saw you sleeping like a log.”

“I see…okay…get dress, we will take rounds with the fast food stores today.”

“Okay Sir!”

“And why you’re calling me Sir today?”

“Because… I played basketball yesterday night.”

“You…cannot live without that basketball?”

“Marco…you like to eat breakfast?”

“No just strong coffee.”

“Okay sir, your shower is ready.”

I smiled and entered the bathroom with a feeling that Ayah’s will reconciled with me. We went first at the Al Riqqa branch; checked the store interior, staff, stock items, equipments and the logbook. Mike and I continued our work to all stores businesses that needs uplifting of its operations.

“Mike let’s go to Edward’s place.”

“Okay Marco.”


Edward and family were not there when we arrived; we went to the nearest shopping mall to eat our lunch and observing the flow of customer’s from other business establishments. Dubai’s really were heading to its highest-level of developments compared to some international standards. Foreigners were making Dubai’s shopping hub; their presence were multiplying in every shopping malls we visited. At last we came across with Danielle, she’s alone inside the famous coffee shop. I approached her in the table while Mike was watching us.

“Hello Danielle, you’re alone?” I said smiling.

“Come, have a seat Marco.”

“Why?”

“I’m going to tell you something.”

“What about?”

“We talked and I told her about you….and our relationship.”

“Talked to whom?”

“Ayah of course!”

“When?”

“Just now…she left…”

“What you did to her?”

“She was hurt by the truth….about us!”

“You bitch!”

“By the way, you’re invited to our wedding.”

“You foolish devil!”

“You bastard….ha-ha-ha-ha-ha….”

I dialed Ayah’s mobile phone number but she’s not answering and dialed Edward’s number. “Hello Edward.”

‘Marco, where are you?”

“Why Edward, what happened?”

“Ayah’s leaving…going to the Philippines with Lina.”

“What happened in the mall? She talked with Danielle?”

“They met accidentally in the mall and Danielle invited her to talk….I think Danielle said something about you…”

“Where are they now?”

“Just ten minutes ago.”

“Okay Edward, thanks, I’ll go after them.”


Mike and I went hurriedly to the airport for possible stopping them of their flight, but in vain. I decided to stay inside my flat thinking of solutions with my situation. I opened the TV and sat down watching the show when Mike came into my room.

“Marco you’re going to the Philippines?”

“Just what I’m thinking now, why?”

“I received the report about our selected staff, they needed your instruction.”

“Okay, schedule a meeting tomorrow.”

“Okay Marco I’ll do it.”

TO BE CONTINUED###

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: A freelance writer who meticulously structured and maintained blogs just for you:A LIFE SO FAR AWAYand my other business blog:SHOPPING eMALL Thank you for your valuable time. Follow my business & writings and you'll find what life's meant to be.
Share This

17 comments:

  1. A little bit curious on what's going next. I need to wait for the next episode

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stories always inspire me to write my own! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marco is in a really tough situation here. All the drama is just starting to reach its climax in your story. I wonder if there will be any more twists later on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Messy messy messy! It's scary when an ex messes with your current love life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's payback time for Marco. There's really no secret that won't go out. Excited to see the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Marco! I am now excited to see what will going to happen on your next post! Love your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder what's next for Marco. It's getting interesting. Till the next story again. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a while since I last read about their adventure! I need to back read :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excited ako sa susunod na kabanata.. Abangan..hmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mukhang kapana-panabik ang mga susunod na magaganap. Abangan ang susunod na kabanata. excited nako.hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. First time to visit here and found the story/blog interesting..

    Nice pictures too. Were they taken during your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another cliffhanger! Haha I'm excited about what will happen next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sympathize with Ayah. She deserves someone better than Marco. I hope she leaves him for good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you will be able to compile all your stories and publish them in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. First time to see your blog and these stories. Quite intriguing ;)

    iAmAileen.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This story is very typical of what is happening to Filipinos working abroad and it is so sad. :(

    ReplyDelete

Email Address fernando_lachica@msn.com

Send message for any suggestion, recommendation, and other concern about this site.



Designed By Seo Blogger Templates Copyright@ Fernando Lachica 2014 OFW: The Game of Life