Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Best Friend Wedding #OFW52


The two men left us tied in a different wooden plank connected to a boulder. I’m getting thirsty and hungry while the time passed by for a long time. It’s getting dark and hoping for Edward to find us. I still believed that he’ll find a way to rescued us. My hopes were getting thinner and patience was eating me up while we’re waiting for two men or Edward. I tried my very best to loosen-up the ropes on my hands, but it never gave a positive result, “Mike…are you alright? I cannot see you...it’s dark.”

“Try your best to get loose…” Mike answered.

I heard something moving not far from us which used a pen light along the way approaching us, “Edward…..Edward….” The light suddenly came nearer to us.

“Marco?” Edward asked.

“Edward is that you?”

“Yes Marco…where are you?”

“I’m here…quick Edward!”

Edward untied me hastily and then, loosen-up Mike, “Edward give me your lighter.” I asked.

“Here”

I burned the house all over and we left hurriedly, “Edward where’s your car?”

“Over there…hurry!”

We quickly rode into the car and up towards the highway.

“Thanks Edward..you’re an angel..can we drink first!” I said a little louder beside Edward.

“And what happened for the two of you?” Edward asked.

“We followed her…and then…here we are…”

“Want to release that bad element?”

“Yes I’m sure…I will for tonight…but first we’ll buy a drink in a convenience store!” I said.

We stopped at the store and bought mineral water to quenched our thirst and biscuits to eat.

“Okay and then….Where to?”

“Crowne Plaza Hotel in Deira?”


We drank to the highest level where I didn’t know what happened next. When I woke up the next morning, I found myself on my bed neatly covered with comforter. I stood up and went directly to the bathroom to clean myself. Still in my mind was Danielle.

I sent the selected management employees to the Philippines for their required documents to be processed and came back to Dubai. It was a tiresome kind of organizing these people because of their employment status, but I really had to do whatever it costs. Their contributions which I anticipated were merely with my trusts to them in the first place. Some of them were merely the results of my kindness that grew through the years.

Edward and Mike worked with me through which I had the courage to push-through with my new ventures in another business development. This time, I started my way to connect to the people in the field of distributorships. It was on a planning stage that I eventually studied in advance. But my heart still with Danielle that everyday after my duty hours, I roamed around Dubai to find her. She’s nowhere to be found in her house at Jumeirah Beach. My desperate attempt to find her led to another love story that blossomed between Edward and Vivian while Mike still longing for his wife Lina.


Edward and Vivian planned their marriage at St. Mary’s Church in Dubai. I telephoned Ayah Isabel to attend the wedding together with Lina and told her to give instructions to Bryan, Manuel and Eduardo while she’s away for this occasion. I gave emphasis to her about the security of the children and the businesses. They traveled at once going in Dubai while Mike didn’t have knowledge about Lina. When they arrived, Mike and I picked them up at Dubai International Airport. We find a place to wait in a coffee shop.

“Hey Marco, how are you? It seems that you’re worried with something?” Mike asked while sipping his brewed coffee.

“I’m really agitated with what happened to us.”

“Forget that, you’re wife is coming. She knows about your children with Danielle?”

“No, I think no…Do I have to tell her?”

“As for me, I think you have to..”

“For a long time now, she doesn’t know, only Edward and you. Yes, she knows about Danielle, but the children…,” my words trailed into the air. “But still I want Danielle but I hated her for loving Roger Ferrer, I felt jealous about their relationship…I wanted her to love me..only me, I wanted to kill them...if only I could, but not in this place...very strict…”

“Yes Marco…the laws here are very strict…but forget about that…friend?”

“I will try to forget Danielle. Let’s focus with our own lives,” I said without knowing it.

“Marco let’s go to welcome Ayah..”

“Okay but I have a gift for you,” I said while we’re walking towards the arrival area.

“A gift for me why?”

“Because you’re my friend, remember Manila Port?”

“Oh, there you are again!” He embraced me tightly.

“Yes I won’t forget that day when we met at the port where I trusted you like Edward,...you’re such a bastard!”

He smiled at me; a smile which taught me how to love him, how to felt being a friend besides Edward and his loyalty that soothed my heart. He’s a person who loves to be loved and needs the ecstasy of his manhood.

“You see that woman walking along Ayah Isabel?”

“Where Marco?”

“Over there….” I pinpointed the two women. Lina waved to us that he suddenly jumped to the railing that the police guard stopped him.

“Hey Mike…behave boy…behave..”

“Marco…Thank you!” He’s holding my hand giggling.

“You’re happy my friend?”

“Yes Marco…you save me…”

Ayah and Lina were smiling while approaching us. I hugged Ayah Isabel and Mike embraced Lina, “How’s your first travel Ayah?”

“Afraid but excited to see you!”

“Mike, Lina…let’s go to the car. We’ll carry the baggage.”

We left the airport going to other scenic places, went inside the malls to shop and eat in a hotel for our lunch.

“Marco why not calls Edward to join us?” Ayah suggested.

“Yes good suggestion! Let’s wait for them though….”

TO BE CONTINUED###

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: A freelance writer who meticulously structured and maintained blogs just for you:A LIFE SO FAR AWAYand my other business blog:SHOPPING eMALL Thank you for your valuable time. Follow my business & writings and you'll find what life's meant to be.
Share This

7 comments:

  1. looking forward to read the continuation, every chapter is getting more exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost track of the flow of the story, it's been a while since I last read. Glad to see an episode again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems all too familiar :) I've known people here in Dubai whom I thought were real-life married couples only to be duped. Typical story of an expat who has clandestine affairs elsewhere... and they are everywhere in the UAE and the other parts of Middle East.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one's a good episode.. that was indeed a great surprise for Mike, for finally being with Lina! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the story before this so I don't know why they were tied on a plank. It's good to know though that they were rescued.

    I have friends and relatives who used to work and are still working abroad so complicated relationships and affairs are not new to me. I think it's their way to fight homesickness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ang cute ng title: My Bestfriend's Wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much intrigue and bad boy actions... I don hope they pull themselves together and stop acting out. Trouble is always around the corner. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Email Address fernando_lachica@msn.com

Send message for any suggestion, recommendation, and other concern about this site.



Designed By Seo Blogger Templates Copyright@ Fernando Lachica 2014 OFW: The Game of Life