Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Game FX Forever #OFW61


I hurriedly left the stage, walked briskly towards the sanctuary room, open the locked door and undressed naked. I hastily put on the camouflage, get dressed and carried my back pack. I opened the secret passage where the vehicle was parked for this purpose. I switched it on, push the accelerator and left through the back door.

From Santa Cruz, Cavite City I traveled to San Rafael 2 up to San Rafael 3 going to San Sebastian, Kawit. I stopped the car at the roadside to urinate, but observed the place and the situation. I continued my unknown journey while I read the pamphlet about Cavite province.

Cavite, one of the provinces comprising the Southern Tagalog Region, lies immediately at the southwestern entrance of Manila Bay across the Bataan Peninsula. It extends eastward along its shoreline in the north up to the historical Zapote Bridge and the inland terrain in the south up to Carmona. It is bounded on the east by the provinces of Rizal and Laguna, on the south by the province of Batangas, on the west by Philippine Sea and on the north by Manila Bay and the City of Manila.

My mind’s wandering where I can give Danielle and Roger the value for their effort to do this Game FX. I liked the mountainous terrain but the setting in the city can give more excitement to me. I decided to travel heading to Redemptorist Church in Baclaran.


I entered, kneeled at the pew and released the things inside my heart. I prayed for my children, the people who trusted me and to all Filipinos who suffered poverty and discrimination. I washed my soul with the tears that I could not control anymore. I stood up, made a sign of the cross and slowly walked to the Dimasalang Street where my heart’s crumpled over my family because of the fire that gutted my house. I can still smell the burned-ashes of my struggling neighbors who toiled day and night for meager salary for a family of ten members. The same were true for Overseas Filipino Workers, who dreamed to have a better paycheck abroad, but their souls were being sold to the history of the Philippines.

I looked around to savor the emptiness that I felt where it’s better those days when I have nothing, no money to depend upon, where I sacrificed myself to fulfill my dreams. Now that I reached those dreams, still I’m empty deep inside….wanted to end life… I continued walking until I saw an apartment with sign board hanging at the steel gate; it’s written, “Apartment for Rent.” I thought, the best way to have a shelter while gaining insights about the Game FX and I could devote my spare time hanging with my worries. I brought my ATM card that I used to withdraw money for the payment and for my daily undertaking.


I talked to the owner of the apartment near GGCruz Street near the Redemptorist Church, paid him and ready to organize the new place. I took off my camouflage, cleaned the apartment and installed some decors and lightings. Whatever the result for all this game, I’m sure that it’ll surely excite me all along. I lived by myself for a month in that area, that I trusted some neighbors to do the maintenance of the place. It’s Wednesday morning, Baclaran were full of vendors all over the place especially at the front of the Church. I was inside the church praying when I saw Danielle passed by my side. I slowly stood up rearing to go out when Mike called on my new phone imported from Finland which he gave me the updates of Danielle and Roger, “Marco, it’s been a month since you left the house, and more news are circulating that you’re hiding somewhere in the north of Luzon. So, give me the update always, so that I could relay some hint to Danielle and Roger, to make this feasible, okay?”

“Okay Mike….I’m in between of Paranaque and Pasay…a place to worship…”

“I see…for them…they’re near…in your place...They have a mobile phone too, all of us are connected to each other…They can hear our conversation…okay Marco? Beware of the authorities….do not entangle with them…they’re moving too because of this Game FX..”

“Thank you Mike…bye!”

I switched off the mobile phone, put it on my pocket and carry my back pack and heading towards the back gate going to the narrow street full of vendors. I can hear the beating of my heart; my eyes were focused to where I saw the lone shadow of man wearing black jogging suit. I knew it. It’s him…Roger. He’s following me that I hastily find my way up to Baclaran LRT station. I queued for my card where Roger was behind me. I quickly entered into the train while I searched him in the throng of passengers. I positioned myself standing in the aisle, so that I could have time to run in case Roger appeared. But when I faced to the other side, Roger whispered to me.

“Do not move Marco…you see this inside my jacket?” I looked at him squarely without saying a word. He whispered again, “We’ll get off at the next station…Vito Cruz Station…do not make a scene…do as I told you.”


We disembarked at the Vito Cruz Station, where Roger’s behind me. He followed me up to the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex. I saw group of youngsters wearing basketball sports outfit, which I ran to the group, hide from Roger’s view and hurriedly ran fast as I can heading to Harrison Plaza Shopping Center.

Roger still following me running but my energy was helping me. I hid at the Department Store where he passed by through the other business establishment. I went outside and continued to run but he saw me, that Roger fired his pistol which chaos inside the mall ensued.

I continued running up to the front door going to other side of the road, the Central Bank of the Philippines side. I kept on running until the intersection of Roxas Boulevard and Vito Cruz Street, turned right heading to the Luneta Park. My actions triggered some passersby that I changed my way near the seawall. I watched my back while jogging where I could view the position of Roger. He’s nowhere to be found that I slowly searched him in the crowd. But I was wrong; he’s following me all the way.

I felt my blood rushing all over my body that my energy risen to the highest degree. I resumed my pace that at last, I went across the road to enter the Luneta Park, still reeling to be chased for enjoyment. I was heading towards the Luneta’s Fountain when Danielle appeared from nowhere, while Roger still following me. I ran to the other side heading to Intramuros where the two of them are behind me now.

At the secluded area, Danielle fired his gun to me which hit my left arm. Blood oozing continuously that I tied with my handkerchief while running into the San Agustin Church. I entered the church and hid under the small altar. I saw a lady together with a man kneeling and praying. I managed to tie carefully the wound in my arm and observed them.

They entered the church searching for me that the man and the woman were disturbed with their prayers. Danielle and Roger passed by their side without noticing them. I grabbed the young woman to make her a shield, but the man started to jump at me, but I eluded him. I aimed the gun at him and hold the young woman tightly.

Danielle and Roger saw the incident but they’re far from us. So, I hurriedly pushed the lady outside the church.

“You have a car!!” I shouted at her.

“Yes…over there…”

“Where’s the key? Hurry!!”

“Here,” as she gave it to me.

I hastily opened the door, “Get inside…hurry!!!”

I drove the car, speeding as fast as I can going back to Luneta Park at the Roxas Boulevard, where I instantly thought to bring her at my apartment in Baclaran. She started to cry inside the car. I looked at her without any feeling at all. Sorry, I thought to myself.

TO BE CONTINUED###



ABOUT THE AUTHOR: A freelance writer who meticulously structured and maintained blogs just for you:A LIFE SO FAR AWAYand my other business blog:SHOPPING eMALL Thank you for your valuable time. Follow my business & writings and you'll find what life's meant to be.
Share This

37 comments:

  1. Intense scene! Can't wait for the continuation of this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling emptiness is all in our mind. It doesn't mean you reach your dream you are happy. Being content of what we have I think that makes us happy. You write well and I'm impresse. I can't wait for the continuation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another interesting story from a writer like you, you have a distinct voice that your readers will appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The game is getting interesting though of course, for us normal human beings it seems pointless to be that reckless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of all the pieces I have read from your blog-a-novela (hehe) this is the most exciting one Fernando! I like action, things happening fast and plot twists:) Will the bored billionaire die?

    Kalikotpepot

    ReplyDelete
  6. The setting is very nostalgic because I am often around these places a few years ago making it easier for me to imagine the story taking place! :3 The episode is very intense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The feeling of knowing someone following me at the back from one place to another is scary. I've experienced that before with a stalker. I've managed to get him lost in direction. Hearing that someone whisper behind my ear might probably freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You story has got so much of feeling and life into it!
    When you say you cried and prayed I could feel , same as when you ran with adrenaline!
    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a first time visitor here I found your writing style to be very gripping and detail oriented and the emotions come out very well. Visiting blogs from other countries sure help in learning new cultures ... thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much feels after reading the story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anticipating for the next update....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yaaaa! What happens next???

    Intense and very gripping! story... I had to backread your posts to find out what GameFX is. Now, I can't wait for the continuation of this story...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that you have photos of the place you are referring to in the story. I remember Marco from the previous scene bur it seemed like I lost track of the story. I remember the story about marco knowing that he has to die. Now I am lost. It is gripping. Are you halfway of the story? When do you expect to release the novel?

    ReplyDelete
  14. With scenes involving all these places I'm familiar with makes this adventure fun to read. And there's first blood drawn already!

    ReplyDelete
  15. is it ending soon ? the last part was very gripping and intense!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the fact that you take time to put up photographs along with the storyline. This one as good as the previous ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait for the next post! haha You also explored quite a bit of Manila in your story ! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's funny they are actually doing this game and chase in Manila where the biggest problem is traffic! Sorry about that but yeah, I think this is by far the most interesting part of your story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an unlucky lady. Sigh, why did the author have to hold her hostage! She's praying and suddenly she's kidnapped? LOL. Wonder what did she prayed to God about!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is intense! I enjoyed reading this. I can so picture the scenes because I know all the locations mentioned in this part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is an intense one! Next chapter coming real soon?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking at her without any feeling.. hmm... Wonder what happen next? New feeling emerge out?

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is taking a turn for the worse... Sadly, Marco created this problem for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a story! Waiting for the ending...turned to be very interesting and intense and wanna know how's turning at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Intense! He's bleeding, and now taking hostages, woah. I really hope he gets out of this alive.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kagagaling ko today lang sa station na ito.hehe cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Interesting, you should be in Wattpad!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just wonder how things are going to end.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have a vivid imagination for gory bloody scenes waaa

    ReplyDelete
  30. Excited for the next episode. Good thing you put photos on your stories! They allow us to fully visualize it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. The story is getting exciting and turning out to be a suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  32. There goes the chasing scene, something that excites me to read this series. Say, I noticed you've got a bit of information about Cavite right there. Perhaps that's a plus considering some people craved for something they can learn on aside from being entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Reading your story is like reading a really good detective book. Such thrilling and colors into them. Love the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! That last part was intense! Can't wait to read what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Well, this is another interesting piece from you! And I wonder what will happen after that ride...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Got to back read to see the whole story.

    ReplyDelete

Email Address fernando_lachica@msn.com

Send message for any suggestion, recommendation, and other concern about this site.



Designed By Seo Blogger Templates Copyright@ Fernando Lachica 2014 OFW: The Game of Life